Welcome to the Nursery Page
Here you will find lots of information about Nursery and what we will be learning throughout the year.
If you have any queries please feel free to speak to a member of staff at the end of the session.
Morning 9:10am —11:40am
There is one main entrance to the Nursery which is locked at all times. The entrance to the outdoor area is locked unless in use. A member of staff will
always be on the main gate at the start of each nursery session.
On your child’s birthday, we usually have a party at snack time and sing ‘Happy Birthday’. However, due to the increase of children with food allergies, we do not share birthday cakes in school. Also, please advise us in writing of anything your child is allergic to.
We discourage holidays in term time as children will miss out when absent from nursery. Although nursery education is not statutory, it is important that children with a nursery place attend regularly to enable them to be ready for school. We expect attendance to be above 90%.
Snacks and Cookery
Each child has a drink of milk, this is provided by the localauthority free of charge. Each child is also given a piece of fruit each day and takes part in a weekly cookery session. We ask for a contribution of £10 per term.
General Points for Parents
· Nursery is a very busy, active place so please send your child in sensible clothes that are easy to remove to go to the toilet. Tight jeans,
· dungarees and belts are not advised. Nursery uniform is available to purchase at Macey’s Sports.
· The children play every day in the garden even in light rain; please ensure your child always has a waterproof coat that can be put on without help. In the Summer, your child needs to wear a hat and to have sun cream applied before nursery.
· Encourage your child to dress by themselves and show them how to do up buttons and zips as they will be expected to put on their own coats after a few weeks.
· Please label all of your child’s belongings to avoid them getting lost.
· For safety reasons please do not allow your child to wear jewellery to nursery.
· Please do not park or drive into the Nursery car park as children walk across it. This is an important health and safety rule.
Parents Visits & Consultations
During the year we will be inviting you into nursery to share our singing and special festivals. The
children invite you to listen to their songs and poems every other Friday at 11:25am and 2:50pm. We normally explain after singing session what has been happening during the week and what events are planned for the following week. If you have any concerns, please see us after a nursery session.